The Organising Committee wish to inform you that the Call for Papers for the 43rd International Conference on Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology (CAA) is open. The conference will be held at the University of Siena (Italy), in collaboration with the National Research Council (ISTI-Pisa), from 30 March to 3 April 2015.
Please submit your ABSTRACT online before 20 November 2014.
The 43rd Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology Conference, “KEEP THE REVOLUTION GOING” (CAA 2015 SIENA) will explore a multitude of topics to showcase ground-breaking technologies and best practice from various archaeological and computer science disciplines, with a large diversity of case studies from all over the world.
The main themes of the conference include according to the session proposals (48 accepted sessions), the following:
1. Field and laboratory data recording
2. Sematic, Data modelling, management and integration
3. Data analysis and visualisation
4. 3D modelling, visualisation and simulations
5. Spatio-temporal modelling and GIS
6. Remote sensing
7. Users and interfaces: education, museums and multimedia
8. Cultural heritage interpretation and modelling past urban and rural contexts
9. Theoretical issues, and the relation of CAA with the Digital Humanities
10. Open software, open data
11. Free session