The Organising Committee wish to inform you that the Call for Sessions for the 43rd International Conference on Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology (CAA) is open. The conference will be held at the University of Siena (Italy), in collaboration with the National Research Council (ISTI-Pisa), from 30 March to 3 April 2015.
Please submit your SESSION ABSTRACT PROPOSAL online before Tuesday, 30 September 2014.
The 43rd Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology Conference, “KEEP THE REVOLUTION GOING” (CAA 2015 SIENA) will explore a multitude of topics to showcase ground-breaking technologies and best practice from various archaeological and computer science disciplines, with a large diversity of case studies from all over the world.
The conference committee encourages you to consider a presentation format that will engage your colleagues in discussion and learning beyond the simple dissemination of information. The main themes of the conference are likely to include the following, but may be modified or extended according to the session proposals we receive:
- Field and laboratory data recording
- Data modelling, management and integration
- Linked data and the semantic web
- Data analysis and visualisation
- 3D modelling, visualization, thinking, interpretation and simulations
- Spatio-temporal modelling, GIS and remote sensing
- Users and interfaces: education, museums and multimedia
- Theoretical issues, and the relation of CAA with the Digital Humanities
- Cultural heritage interpretation and modelling past urban and rural contexts